Unpopular question

Location (City and/or State)
Maidens, Virginia
I actually had a pair of bunnies and a tortoise. They weren’t kept in the same enclosure, but my free roaming bunnies were able to hop in and out of the tortoise enclosure. They were potty trained so they only pooped and peed in one area where they were fed in the morning(along with my dogs?), which was not in the tortoise enclosure. They also used the doggie door to come inside the house at night. They coexisted with the dogs nicely and the dogs kept the predators out so we never really had any issues. This was a while back and I know it was a special circumstance. I wouldn’t adopt a bunny now unless I can provide a fully secure, separate and large enough enclosure for them. When my daughter was in kinder, she had to recreate the story tortoise and the hare and video tape it for her school project. We happened to have them both so we made a live animal version of it. I will post it if I find it???
This is great. I’m happy you set up a fictional situation. It seems too high risk for us now that I hear they chew on them sometimes. I’d love to see that video ?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
This is great. I’m happy you set up a fictional situation. It seems too high risk for us now that I hear they chew on them sometimes. I’d love to see that video ?
They are pretty good as a house rabbit though especially if you get the right breed and are fully educated about them first. They are about as easy to house train as a cat. Give them a hay filled litter box and they're trained until they need neutered or fixed. I admit that period of time is a fight to the finish but worth it. I love them. They probably are as complicated as a tortoise with the information you need though. Once you learn though and have the right set up they are a wonderful pet. As you know I have both.?