Unusal breathing noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
California
In the past week or so I have noticed the I can hear my 2 year old exhale. Not all the time. It's just after he swallows a big bit of leafy greens. It's almost as if he holds his breath while he devours a leaf and then exhales. The sound he makes is similar to the sound they make when the are startled, just not as loud or long.

Is this normal or should I be concerned? His breathing is not labored. He is not breathing through his mouth, and he has not had a runny nose. His appetite is certainly not diminished, gaining a pound in the last month.

coldskyline

5 Year Member
Has the weather been different? Mine breathe louder like that as it gets colder outside.

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
The weather has been warm, at least during the day. It has been the same for several weeks now.

Arizona Sulcata

10 Year Member!
Mesa, AZ
It doesn't sound serious. There's probably nothing wrong. Sulcatas can get a respratory infection if they've ingested a decent amount of soil or substrate. Let us know if things get worse!

Livingstone

10 Year Member!
Richmond, Va
Arizona Sulcata said:
It doesn't sound serious. There's probably nothing wrong. Sulcatas can get a respratory infection if they've ingested a decent amount of soil or substrate. Let us know if things get worse!

Agreed.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Just from watching and listening to Cooper, he gets sooo excited when he eats he will just eat too much too fast and he will make "odd" noises also. Sometimes it worries me but I have grown use to it since he is "King Piggy"! If your tort developes other symptoms then I would be concerned. Best of luck to you both! :) By the way, how much does your 2 yearold weight and how long? Cooper is 1808 grams and 8 inch's long. Just wondering his size compared to yours. Sorry for the hijack of your thread... :(

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
By the way, how much does your 2 yearold weight and how long? Cooper is 1808 grams and 8 inch's long.

and only a year old....yes, King Piggy......lol :D

Also agree that if it is happening when he is scarfing down the chow i would not be too concerned...after all they are like little piglets in a shell.....lol :p:p:p:p:p

Status
Not open for further replies.