Update on Dozer

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
This is some pictures of Dozer . I got him last father's day . So thats some nice growth don't you guys think?

Attachments

• 1392663242718.jpg
    1392663242718.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 163
  • 1392663265406.jpg
    1392663265406.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 156
  • 1392663279683.jpg
    1392663279683.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 167

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
This is a good thread to bookmark so next time a newbie asks how fast do Sulcatas grow we can show this link. This is less than a year's worth of growth. Beautiful-looking tortoise. You've done a great job!

I also have to give some kudos to Tom. Although he didn't 'invent' the hot/humid method of raising sulcatas, he has been the very vocal member here on the Forum about it. And his system certainly shows good results!..

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Beautiful! [TURTLE]

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Re: RE: Update on Dozer

Yvonne G said:
This is a good thread to bookmark so next time a newbie asks how fast do Sulcatas grow we can show this link. This is less than a year's worth of growth. Beautiful-looking tortoise. You've done a great job!

I also have to give some kudos to Tom. Although he didn't 'invent' the hot/humid method of raising sulcatas, he has been the very vocal member here on the Forum about it. And his system certainly shows good results!..

Thats a great idea Yvonne! You are right with out this forum and Tom I would have a bumpy sulcata . So thanks Tom .

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
Yvonne G said:

Right on both accounts. Mike has done a fantastic job. Dozer raises the standard for smooth shelled baby sulcata. I am sure Tom is smiling too.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I can not take the credit for the smooth growth . Thats Toms care tips . So I have to give him the credit . Thanks for the positive feedback.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club

Dizisdalife said:
Yvonne G said:

Right on both accounts. Mike has done a fantastic job. Dozer raises the standard for smooth shelled baby sulcata. I am sure Tom is smiling too.

I hope he is!

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Very nice looking Torts. Very smooth.

mushmouth26

5 Year Member
Texas
He/she looks really good.. Its crazy how much they can vary in growth rates. I too got mine for fathers day and its only about 140 grams right now. But my rescue I got in Oct at 261 grams is now over 800 grams. Im thinking my hatchling will growing alot faster this spring. Hoping anyway. They both eat the same diet but my rescues growth is explosive. They are separated so its not an issue of bullying.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club

mushmouth26 said:
He/she looks really good.. Its crazy how much they can vary in growth rates. I too got mine for fathers day and its only about 140 grams right now. But my rescue I got in Oct at 261 grams is now over 800 grams. Im thinking my hatchling will growing alot faster this spring. Hoping anyway. They both eat the same diet but my rescues growth is explosive. They are separated so its not an issue of bullying.

Yes it is crazy how fast they grow .Dozer was started dry no water on hay . He was four weeks old when I got him . I changed every thing . I did everything like Tom said and bam he is growing like a weed .

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club

tffnytorts said:
He's going to catch up to Harry soon!

I hope so! But I hope he gets his attitude adjusted . He likes to ram and flick the substrate . Really does not like to be messed with .