update on leonards foot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TortoiseNoHare

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Cincinnati, OH
I talked to a vet today and sent him pictures of Leonards foot. He thinks it is a past injury that was healing while we had him. Now thats it's healed underneath he thinks the dead area is falling off. Tonight, the last bit of foot fell off.

We found out recently that the breeder we got him from actually didnt raise the tortoises like we initially thought and he had them shipped to him. So it's possible he was injured in the shipping or the people who had him before had the heating pad too hot and burnt his foot.

He is doing excellent and walking around on his new little nub just fine. I applied more neosporin when I noticed the rest had fallen off and let him go back to sleep. Thank you guys so much for your advice and concerns. I really appreciate it, it's so nice to have people you've never met who care just as much as you do. It really means a lot to have you guys! :D

<3 Ally and Lenny

TortoiseNoHare

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Cincinnati, OH
luvpetz27 said:
Great news!!! I am so happy for you! :) :) :)

Thanks a lot :) I'm really happy and not too worried anymore. you guys are seriously the sweetest people! and i'm glad to know you'll love his nub as much as i will!

Status
Not open for further replies.