Update on milton

Status
Not open for further replies.

The captain

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Picture529.jpg

Here was Milton when i brought him home on April 12th. He had pyramiding already as a baby. the breeder was feeding him only romaine lettuce and kept him on newspaper.

Here he is today, his scutes appear rounder, especially the ones at the base of his shell.

now he gets lots of humidity, eats on a scedule, and only nutritious recommended foods.
Munching on mustard greens
Picture759.jpg

Picture768.jpg

Picture776.jpg

Picture780.jpg

Picture781.jpg

Picture772.jpg

The captain

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
yes mine too, but he is looking a bit better IMO.

A bit rounder in a few weeks, i will stick to the plan and he should turn out fine.

thanks for the compliment

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
Milton is a sweet looking tort. I am sure s/he will do well on "The Plan"

elegans

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Here was Milton when i brought him home on April 12th. He had pyramiding already as a baby. the breeder was feeding him only romaine lettuce and kept him on newspaper.

Here he is today, his scutes appear rounder, especially the ones at the base of his shell.

now he gets lots of humidity, eats on a scedule, and only nutritious recommended foods.
Munching on mustard greens

Looks like he is doing fine for you. Just as an aside pyramiding is not some kind of catastrophe! Not really normal for this type of tortoise; but that being said I have rescued some redfoots that are truly frighteningly screwed up, and they have gone on to be fine healthy happy breeders. I will try to take a couple of picts of one that had "all" of the meat of its front legs chewed off by a raccoon. It took her 2+ years to recover and she will never walk normally, but she is happy and produces perfectly fine babies. Don't worry to much, it sounds like you are doing all of the right things. Douglas Beard / Flora & Fauna

The captain

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
thanks for the kind words, i am trying my best for the lil' guy.
i was just told that pyramiding is painful to the tortoise. and i don't want him to hurt one bit! well off to give him fruit.

elegans

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
There is no evidence to suggest that pyramiding is painful to any tortoise! In extreme situations it can certainly affect mobility, but pain? I have never seen any evidence to suggest that. Douglas Beard / Flora & Fauna

elegans

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Crazy1 said:

What is "The Plan" sounds like Scientology or maybe Amway? Or maybe I missed something? LOL Douglas Beard / Flora & Fauna

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
elegans said:
Crazy1 said:

What is "The Plan" sounds like Scientology or maybe Amway? Or maybe I missed something? LOL Douglas Beard / Flora & Fauna

You know how you are Doug...............
BOWDOWN.gif

Terry K

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
elegans said:
Crazy1 said:

Douglas Beard / Flora & Fauna,
I simply "quoted" The captain's Post #3. He referred to "the Plan" and it does indeed seem to be working. He is pleased and has seen progress.
I am not sure you missed anything. I believe there is something...... that is defienetly unspoken here, that is in conflict for you, perhaps you would like to PM or email me and we could discuss it.

or

Perhaps the Captian would spell out what "the plan" is that he is using, if indeed you are interested in what he is doing rather then simply questioning a "QUOTE".

alice

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
he looks amazing, you have done a great job.

Status
Not open for further replies.