Update & pics of my 2 little guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

BekahBear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
so i rescued these guys towards the end of June from someone who didn’t properly care for them and couldn’t keep them anymore. from the information i was given, their 1 year b-day was July 17.

I have named them Kokopelli and Kachina

i have done a lot of research since i got them and have been trying to give them the best care possible since they had a less than perfect start in life.

when i got them they already had some pyramiding started and were on the smaller side.

i can't believe how much they have grown in the few months i have had them. from what i can see, i think their shells are looking a lot better and the pyramiding is getting better. i will let the experts take a look and tell me what they think. do their shells look ok now? or is there something more i should be doing for them?

i now have them on moist coco fiber for bedding and am trying my best to keep the humidity up. Sometimes it’s as low as 50% and sometimes as high as 100%, but usually I can keep the humidity around 75% give or take. I spray them and their enclosure down daily and they get warm water soaks about 3-4 times a week for a good 30min. they have a large terracotta plant saucer as a water dish and I see them in there on their own all the time.

Their diet consists of: spring mix salad, some Mazuri here and there, zoo med grassland tortoise food (I have found that if I soak it with some water and add a little Mazuri that they love it), some mixes grasses (some I grow in pots from seed mixes and some I find growing wild in the washes on the open cattle range near me), some grape leaves from our vine in the backyard, and some prickly pear cactus pads from our property (they really love these).

I have tried to read as much as possible on Sulcatas and hopefully im doing things at least close to right.

Without further rambling lol :p here are the torts. let me know what you think

This is just after I got them for a comparison:
Kokopelli on the left & Kachina on the right
torts2.jpg

Kokopelli on the left & Kachina on the right
torts1.jpg

This is Kachina on my hand for a size reference
torts3.jpg

And here they both are today:
Kachina
kachina1.jpg

Kachina
kachina2.jpg

Kokopelli
kokopelli1.jpg

Kokopelli
kokopelli2.jpg

Kokopelli
kokopelli3g.jpg

Both together
together1.jpg

BekahBear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
thanks guys :D
ive worked really hard to try to give them the best care i can and its reassuring to hear from others that im doing something right.
im just so glad that i found this forum the day i picked these little guys up. with all of the conflicting information out there i would have been lost without TFO

Status
Not open for further replies.