UPDATE TORTOISE TOWN

Cherryman304

Location (City and/or State)
I wanted to up date everyone as to my situation. I recently purchased a Cherry Head from Tortoise Town. When I recieved my tort I thought he looked a little different then other Cherry Heads I've seen. So after about 3 weeks i found out i have a normal Red Foot. Which I paid a premium price for a cherry head. So I emailed them after three weeks mind you and explained my situation. They asked for pictures and long story short they sent me a cherry head for free and letting us keep the red foot. Yes at times they were hard to deal with at time but they came through on this. Heres a pic of Wrath. 20190409_211031.jpeg20190409_210754.jpeg

domalle

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I wanted to up date everyone as to my situation. I recently purchased a Cherry Head from Tortoise Town. When I recieved my tort I thought he looked a little different then other Cherry Heads I've seen. So after about 3 weeks i found out i have a normal Red Foot. Which I paid a premium price for a cherry head. So I emailed them after three weeks mind you and explained my situation. They asked for pictures and long story short they sent me a cherry head for free and letting us keep the red foot. Yes at times they were hard to deal with at time but they came through on this. Heres a pic of Wrath. View attachment 269370View attachment 269371

Well, the scale coloration across the animal is uniform which is generally characteristic of the Cherryhead form of Red-footed tortoise but as @Toddrickfl1 observed earlier, without a picture of the plastron the identification would still be inconclusive. And even then, the redfoot/cherryhead lines have been mixed to a dizzying degree.
But generous of the supplier to send you out another animal for your troubles.

Cherryman304

Well, the scale coloration across the animal is uniform which is generally characteristic of the Cherryhead form of Red-footed tortoise but as @Toddrickfl1 observed earlier, without a picture of the plastron the identification would still be inconclusive. And even then, the redfoot/cherryhead lines have been mixed to a dizzying degree.
But generous of the supplier to send you out another animal for your troubles.
Who observed what? Your the only person that's commented? 20190409_205127.jpeg

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Who observed what? Your the only person that's commented? View attachment 269373
In your previous post, you were asking for opinions on cherryhead vs regular redfoot. @toddrickfll had commented that a picture of the plastron was needed to be certain.

Your new baby is adorable!

Cherryman304

In your previous post, you were asking for opinions on cherryhead vs regular redfoot. @toddrickfll had commented that a picture of the plastron was needed to be certain.

Your new baby is adorable!
Yeah that was my other tort. He said he was a northern red foot

willee638

HK
Wow, a happy ending. 2 for the price of 1, when I purchased my regular RF there was no difference in prices between cherry heads & red footed tortoises. Maybe I was lucky to shop at that particular reptile shop, but I wanted RF because to me they looked nicer & can grow larger than cherry heads. But a yellow foot is even at a more premium price of the 3 variety. Actually I wasn't sure what type of tortoises I wanted until walking in the store looking for one I can afford at that moment, sulcatas were the most expensive there.

Chip's mom

Philadelphia
Just here to say sounds like you got lucky as I've heard numerous horrific stories about Tortoise Town (sending dead tortoises), etc. We ordered a young box turtle and received an old and BADLY pyramided eastern Hermann's with worms (who of course we kept bc I would never send it back there), and never got a response. Future tortoises I got from reputable breeders or rescue.