Update!

jamie.lynn1121

Location (City and/or State)
Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
Thank you everyone who has commented on my post about my little guy being sick
:( sorry I haven’t replied to anyone either I’ve been sick with the flu and just started at the fire academy today! But I really do appreciate everyone helping me out...just an update he has been fully opening his eyes now! Should I still take him to the vets to get checked out? Do his eyes still look a little puffy to anyone? Sorry I’m a new tortoise mom and don’t know much about sicknesses :(

IMG_3660.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If changes were made and you fixed what was causing the problem and he now seems to be acting fine, I would wait on the vet. A lot of vets can do more harm then good when it comes to tortoises. However, if he takes the slightest turn the wrong way, then I would have him check out. Be sure to search for a vet that actually has experience with tortoises.

jamie.lynn1121

Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
If changes were made and you fixed what was causing the problem and he now seems to be acting fine, I would wait on the vet. A lot of vets can do more harm then good when it comes to tortoises. However, if he takes the slightest turn the wrong way, then I would have him check out. Be sure to search for a vet that actually has experience with tortoises.

I started giving him soaks with a little bit of carrot baby food in it (someone recommended it) and I wet his substrate a little bit more. I’m happy to see he is doing better and thank you so much for the reply! I was literally in a panic when his eyes were swollen.