Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
SWFL
Re: RE: UV Lights - SolarGlo sucks!

jaizei said:
AnnV said:
I ordered a mega ray way back in Sept (or was it August) and no word yet. Now I am wondering; will they just rob me? My $60 is long gone. I emailed a month ago. I guess its time for some phone calls. I had heard it may take a while but this really is ridiculous.
Since then I have bought new enclosures and likely can't use the mvb now. But since I paid, I still want it.

Phone calls usually work best with them. How did you pay? That will determine how easy it will be to get a refund.

I just spent 45 min going thru my cc records and couldn't find it. Thought I maybe lost my mind...
Checked paypal and there it was. I cant believe I paid cash. And way to late for pp to step in. It was actually 7/15!
So they take your money with no intention of sending the product?!
I don't really have time to harass them daily for lengthy calls, but I will do my best.
This is totally unsatisfactory.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The thing is, the tube-type UVB light requires a different mounting than the MVB. Most of us already have the reflector dome with a ceramic base. But would have to buy a fluorescent bulb mount for the tube-type bulb.

Can someone put up a picture of their tube-type fluorescent bulb and mounting?

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
Mine is mounted on the wall along the length of the tort table, just used two screws. I got the 24" fixtures at Walmart for $8.99 each. I bought 3. I removed the plastic cover, and folded aluminum foil over the back to reflect light toward enclosure. It's mounted 8" above substrate.

I have it plugged into a timer for 12 hour cycles. It's not the best setup, but works for now and gets me thru the next few months when I can get moved and set up bigger enclosures.

I'm refraining from posting pix....I'm still nursing wounds from other pix I've posted and gotten lam-blasted and nearly ran off this forum. [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

mikeh

5 Year Member
Some fixture have mounting holes. Set two screws into the ceiling and slide the fixture in.
Mounting L bracket can be used as well at each end of the fixture.
1385143016525.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: