Uv strip light plus uvb basking bulb.

cpl1307

Location (City and/or State)
Lancashire
Hi,
I've taken advice off here and replaced my red heat lamp with a UVB White flood light. I wanted to ask have I done it right. I've got a arcadia UV Strip bulb in there already and now just put in the 50w UVB Floodlight bulb.
Is this right?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Hi,
I've taken advice off here and replaced my red heat lamp with a UVB White flood light. I wanted to ask have I done it right. I've got a arcadia UV Strip bulb in there already and now just put in the 50w UVB Floodlight bulb.
Is this right?
Can you photograph or describe that "UVB FLOODLIGHT bulb"?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't think the flood bulb has uvb, not that I know of.
The flood bulb is for basking. You will have to temp it to be sure it reaches between 95-100 at tortoise height. If it's close to that temp you can lower the bulb a bit or put a flat rock under it for the tort to bask on. If the temp is way off, you may need a bigger watt bulb.
The strip bulb should be uvb and that's good.

cpl1307

Lancashire
Can you photograph or describe that "UVB FLOODLIGHT bulb"?
I don't think the flood bulb has uvb, not that I know of.
The flood bulb is for basking. You will have to temp it to be sure it reaches between 95-100 at tortoise height. If it's close to that temp you can lower the bulb a bit or put a flat rock under it for the tort to bask on. If the temp is way off, you may need a bigger watt bulb.
The strip bulb should be uvb and that's good.
It says on the box. 50w Heat. Solar basking e27 UVA.
Is that right? I wrote uvb but its uva and ticked as infrared even thought it's white.
Colin