UVB in winter?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
My Russian does not brumate. I have always treated him like my Leopards, when it comes to heat, lights, etc in winter. Summer they are outside 24/7
However, wondering now does he really need a UVB light in winter? If he were brumating he wouldn't have it, so does he really need it if not brumating?
He will have other lights and heat.
Yes, I know it wouldn't hurt if he had it, want to know if he needs it?

Fluffy

10 Year Member!
West Virginia
I don't provide any UVB for my Herman's indoors once they are old enough to live outside full time during the summer. I bring them in and out spring and fall depending on weather. I see no reason for UVB if they're getting plenty of outside time. This is just my experience.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't provide any UVB for my Herman's indoors once they are old enough to live outside full time during the summer. I bring them in and out spring and fall depending on weather. I see no reason for UVB if they're getting plenty of outside time. This is just my experience.
Thanks that's what I needed, someone that does it, or doesn't do it, depending on how one reads it lol. It makes sense they shouldn't need it, seeing they wouldn't get it if brumated.