UVB Is there such a thing as to much?

Bwaterford

Location (City and/or State)
Holland Ohio
So I will post what I bought but I really like the LED, UVB COMPACTS.... can I have both or can I have one on at one time and the other on another. The compacthas a way more adjustable light spectrum then the other one... Any one have some advice. It's for a red foot tortoise and do they give off heat? Will I have to add heat? Everything is either hear or being delivered this week so planning set up for this weekend. The one I have is the reptisun 37 watt 10 it 30r 4 foot long...it's one long bulb I think. The other I was thinking about was a led, uvb, compact that was light strength and color spectrum day to night adjustable like same length ect.... What's best for my red foot tortoise. Or can I use both....plus heat or ?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The compacts should not be used. They can cause eye damage and don't always give out good uvb.
Straight Tube fluorescent for uvb
Incandescent FLOOD bulb for basking
Ceramic heat emitter or heat panels for night heat and added day heat that might be needed.
RF don't bask like others do so you can eliminate the basking or use it for less hours.