UVB lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Lop

5 Year Member
So I recieved my powersun I ordered from amazon today, and turns out it was defective. Filament was twisted and burned a crack in the bulb. I have a backup bulb that reaches good temps but only provides UVA. I have a baby RT coming tomorrow, so my question is how long will a tortoise go without UVB light healthily? It should only be a day or two (Amazon Prime) but just wondering if those few days will affect it's health in any way.

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
East Bay area
The baby should be fine for a couple of days. If you get any sunshine in the interim get it outside for 20-30 minutes and all is well.

biochemnerd808

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Central Arkansas (we moved!)
You'll be fine! Make sure that when you install the new Powersun that it is perfectly straight - having it at an angle can make it burn out much quicker. :) Also, if you have the Powersun, you shouldn't need a separate basking bulb, since the Powersun provides heat and UVB.

Yay for getting a new baby Russian tort! :)

D-Lop said:
So I recieved my powersun I ordered from amazon today, and turns out it was defective. Filament was twisted and burned a crack in the bulb. I have a backup bulb that reaches good temps but only provides UVA. I have a baby RT coming tomorrow, so my question is how long will a tortoise go without UVB light healthily? It should only be a day or two (Amazon Prime) but just wondering if those few days will affect it's health in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.