UVB Lights on Christmas Tree Container

Quixx66

Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana
Hi All,

How do you all who use the Christmas tree bins hang lights about 21” above the substrate surface? Adjustable? Would you mind sharing cost?

I thought I’d found a solution, but I’m not sure. Hanging across the top of the bin was bad because it was too close. I need to get something quickly because it’s been a few weeks.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
It's probably easiest to use PVC to make a support. Instead of making the feet, I'd use some conduit hangers bolted to the side of the bin to support it. This will also make it easier to raise and lower the light without using/adjusting the chain.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Thanx for that link, Cameron!!!

Quixx66

Louisiana
It's probably easiest to use PVC to make a support. Instead of making the feet, I'd use some conduit hangers bolted to the side of the bin to support it. This will also make it easier to raise and lower the light without using/adjusting the chain.

Yay, I could probably do that! I imagined I’d need a big saw not just some big snips. Thanks got showing me how to build a PVC stand. I feel confident enough to compare to the Zoom Med light stands suggestion and see which is more suitable for me.