vacation without tortoise.

Thomas tortoise

Location (City and/or State)
Arkansas
Hello everyone I go on a vacation every year and I think I planned what I will do with my tortoise. Just need a little help. The only person I really trust is about 5 hours away but it is the way I am heading to go on my vacation so I wouldn't go off couse. (I will be driving.) And this person is fine having my tortoise at their house so I'm just wondering if my 1 year old tortoise could be in the car for 5 hours? In a plastic tub with food and I would stop and give him some water. And how can I transport him to this person when he is giant? Any ideas?

Also that person coming to my house to watch my tortoise is not an option.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Check into having someone from Pet Sitters stop in daily….

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello everyone I go on a vacation every year and I think I planned what I will do with my tortoise. Just need a little help. The only person I really trust is about 5 hours away but it is the way I am heading to go on my vacation so I wouldn't go off couse. (I will be driving.) And this person is fine having my tortoise at their house so I'm just wondering if my 1 year old tortoise could be in the car for 5 hours? In a plastic tub with food and I would stop and give him some water. And how can I transport him to this person when he is giant? Any ideas?

Also that person coming to my house to watch my tortoise is not an option.
Best to leave the tortoise at home in its own enclosure that it is used to with timers and thermostats. Find someone nearby to check in on the tortoise daily, replace the water, and drop some food.