Vacation / Tortoise Project

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Cincinnati, OH
So I'm officially on 2 weeks vacation now. Finally. Many projects lined up around the house. Ghost's last weigh-in had him at 416g and 5" SCL. Growing like a weed. I just got done building a bigger humid hide for him (12" x 12" x 7.5") since he has outgrown his old 8"x8". Gonna start expanding his indoor enclosure by another 4 square feet this weekend. I'm contemplating building a few levels within the new space as well, perhaps adding another 2 sq ft or so to it. My 8'x4' outdoor enclosure is on hold until warmer weather. Coming along very nicely though. Should be comfortable enough for me to sleep in if my wife ever kicks me out of the house. lol20181109_190512.jpg
Sorry for the blurry pic.

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
So I'm officially on 2 weeks vacation now. Finally. Many projects lined up around the house. Ghost's last weigh-in had him at 416g and 5" SCL. Growing like a weed. I just got done building a bigger humid hide for him (12" x 12" x 7.5") since he has outgrown his old 8"x8". Gonna start expanding his indoor enclosure by another 4 square feet this weekend. I'm contemplating building a few levels within the new space as well, perhaps adding another 2 sq ft or so to it. My 8'x4' outdoor enclosure is on hold until warmer weather. Coming along very nicely though. Should be comfortable enough for me to sleep in if my wife ever kicks me out of the house. lolView attachment 256743
Sorry for the blurry pic.

Doing projects is a vacation for me! Better than being at work!

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
I think a vacation means 'time away' from your regular daily-ness. I do the same thing and tackle projects. Maybe if you get far enough along you can share an image of the end result?
Sure thing. Lowes absolutely loves me now. On a first name basis with most of the employees. Will post the indoor one as soon as I'm "done" (yes, I meant to put that in quotes).

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
I think a vacation means 'time away' from your regular daily-ness. I do the same thing and tackle projects. Maybe if you get far enough along you can share an image of the end result?
Not quite finished yet, but you get the gist of it. Gotta paint, get more substrate, accessorize, install handle and hinges, and put up additional webcams.
20181119_190336.jpg 20181123_103040.jpg 20181123_103339.jpg 20181123_103614.jpg 20181123_103850.jpg

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Somehow I missed that y’all had a Sully... beautiful Sully!! An what an awesome enclosure!!!