very clear message video

Status
Not open for further replies.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
I am sorry but I don't know how to link a site here, so if you go online and type in:

Monster you made turtle care help video

There is a video that is very in your face as to the extreme results of improper care....it made me cry so if you are as I, then maybe you should not view it....(I did not realize it was going to show very sad photos..a couple happy ones too though)

It is a YouTube vid.

Okay so I think I figured it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_935eZ184k

I hope I did it right

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Yup, you were right. I teared up a bit. So horrible, I just have never been able to understand how people can think that these horridly deformed chelonians are "normal."

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
thank you guys so much for putting the link/video on the post "correctly" I will figure out how to do it :D

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
ascott said:
thank you guys so much for putting the link/video on the post "correctly" I will figure out how to do it :D

Type [video=youtube]Then paste the URL, close the tag by typing[/video ]

(Don't put the space before the last ] though, I had to do that to show you ;) )

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
Wow....I agree. How can you keep something for so many years and do nothing to help it? I will never understand some people.

Thanks for posting the link.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
In this day and age with all of the information out there, this should not happen, even years ago I would think anyone with half an IQ point would realize that those turtles should not look like that.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I hate seeing pictures like that. Box Turtles are so close to my heart. But I'm glad that people put the message out there, so it might help. I'm always looking at classified ads for boxies, and it really gets me sick when I see some beautiful WC turtles up for sale. It enrages me to no end!!!! Thank you for posting that. I wish that it was posted with every classified ad for Turtles and Tortoises.

Stephanie

5 Year Member
Southern California
terryo said:
I wish that it was posted with every classified ad for Turtles and Tortoises.
^This times a million.

That video was heart breaking, but also very educational in the aspect of what *not* to do when these animals are in your care. I wish everyone could see it because, although it is terribly sad, the overall message is a very powerful learning tool for beginners who may not know better. I also wish they could play this on a loop at the Petco near my house. :rolleyes:

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Hi Laura, if you scroll down to the third post (kristina) you will find the correct link right in her post....I am still trying to get linking right on the Forum....sorry

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
spain
Omg, that is such a great video!
But some people you just can't educate, I get it every day.

Someone comes in to the shop to buy dry tortoise food, of which she picked up box turtle food for a Greek, when I explained that it was not suitable for her tort, nor was the tomatoes, lettuce,ham and fruits that she gave to it, she replied " my mother had a tortoise for years and only fed it lettuce and tomatoes and it was fine" I tried my hardest to change her way of thinking but i think her IQ was the initials in her name.
I was rather angry to say the least, and lost control of customer relations and refused to sell her the food...
Oh well one less customer,

wrmitchell22

5 Year Member
Southeast Arizona
bikerchicspain said:
Omg, that is such a great video!
But some people you just can't educate, I get it every day.

Someone comes in to the shop to buy dry tortoise food, of which she picked up box turtle food for a Greek, when I explained that it was not suitable for her tort, nor was the tomatoes, lettuce,ham and fruits that she gave to it, she replied " my mother had a tortoise for years and only fed it lettuce and tomatoes and it was fine" I tried my hardest to change her way of thinking but i think her IQ was the initials in her name.
I was rather angry to say the least, and lost control of customer relations and refused to sell her the food...
Oh well one less customer,

Good for you! I hope she does more research now that you gave her something to think about!:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.