Virus supplies worldwide comparison

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
New Mexico got the orders about an hour and a half ago to keep their butts at home and for nonessential businesses to close the doors. One of my national guard friends hasn’t been answering phone calls or text and didn’t show up to her 9-5 job.

So here we go.

I am not able to stay at home as my job is viewed essential critical. Cross yr fingers or say some prayers for me plz.

-Meg
I will.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
What's the latest on the malaria drug/Z pack combo to treat this? Saw that a few days ago and haven't heard much since. Seems like that should be big news. At the time there was a lot of anecdotal evidence to support it. NY Doc on TV said that his hospital had not lost once single patient out of more than 300 confirmed cases since they started treating with this combo.
The z pack is encouraging to me because I can't take any other antibiotics. Possibly, the lung thing that's killing everyone is a secondary infection. Just a theory...

ZenHerper

New Jersey
Time to be extra alert against phone and email scams.

Topics include: home tests, vaccines, medications, charities.

Never give personal or financial information to a company you did not call from their established phone number.

Never click links in emails...go to a clean tab and enter the address of the company or bank you do business with. The CDC and other government authorities will never contact you by phone or email.

Bee62

Germany

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

Bee62

Germany
It does alter immune function, and some people can be allergic. Not safe for all people under all circumstances.

But not regulated - anyone can get it. =))
I know. But it is a good source to strenghten your immune system. Since the corvid virus spread around the world I take my daily dose of echinacea.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Stock outages continue to "roll" up here. No meat last week, better on Sunday.

The stay-at-home order has helped: I saw various brands of TP (don't need it - grabbed 2 months backup when things went mad 2 weeks ago) in Walmart while looking for Sugar Glider water (found purified gallon, so OK). Retailers are limiting one unit per purchase of things that keep zeroing out.

All retailers are set to Immediately hire anyone on work stoppage.
I agree the stay at home order is somewhat working. I still can't get my regular tp though which sucks. I managed to get distilled so I don't have to destroy my humidifiers by using tap. I saw a woman using her coat over her nose as a mask to protect herself from our germiness. She wasn't wearing goggles so what good did that do. I saw an elderly man touching every cucumber until he found the one he wanted. People really and truely aren't complying though they are trying with what they understand. It's a sad thing to watch.

queen koopa

Las Vegas Nevada
I noticed a lot more cleaing going on prior to shut down. Atms, gas stations, grocery stores which is great! I feel that helped here.
I have not ventured into vegas but I’ve heard there is tons of people just hanging out on the strip.. interesting. I also got an update from the culinary union, 60,000 people not working. Unemployment must be insane. Everything was done online here in NV for filing unemployment and people cannot contact unemployment by phone and if you have an issue with your online application, the wait to get a call back is 2 weeks almost.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I managed to get distilled so I don't have to destroy my humidifiers by using tap.

You can use rain water too. No minerals. I collect it big tubs and run it through an aquarium canister filter with a fine micron cartridge and store it in 5 gallon jugs. I use this for spraying the tortoise carapaces and enclosures to avoid hard water stains. I soak them in tap or well water for the minerals, and then rinse them with the rain water after their soaks.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
You can use rain water too. No minerals. I collect it big tubs and run it through an aquarium canister filter with a fine micron cartridge and store it in 5 gallon jugs. I use this for spraying the tortoise carapaces and enclosures to avoid hard water stains. I soak them in tap or well water for the minerals, and then rinse them with the rain water after their soaks.
Thank you for your reply. You are so right. We're about to get rainy days so I'll be able to stock up on rain water for my humidifiers at the least. We're only allowed 3 items of water now. I've been buying it by the gallon to stop using so much plastic. I refuse to go back to buying water in the little bottles even though I could actually get a lot more doing that. Our tap is so bad it will grow red algae. It's supposedly safe. I'm about to pull a Maggie at my favorite grocery store. They are supposedly supporting the clean up the plastic effort...hehehe

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I take elderberry gummies. They also include zinc, vitamin C and echinacea so they should help boost the immune system
Yes. Airborne used to have Echinacea too. Someone gave me some recently and it didn't have Echinacea anymore so I won't be using it. I've read a little about elderberry and it looked really good. I just have always had such good results with straight liquid Echinacea that I must be addicted. I rarely use it, but once I do, I use it for a very long time. After what I saw today, I took some tonight.