visit to the turtle pen

Status
Not open for further replies.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
I saw this guy sitting on the floating island in my pond. He probably ruined the plants because I just planted them and they didn't have a change to establish themselves. I hope not.

island22.jpg

Later on I went out in the yard and saw him in the turtle pen. I wonder why he would leave the big pond for a little water pond.

frog2.jpg

poolfrog1.jpg

poolfroggg.jpg

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
excellent photos! thats quite a garden you have there and you're lucky to have such a peaceful little visitor. i have some kind of animal living beneath my house. he's neither quiet nor welcome.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Beautiful Terry. He's bigger then I thought at first. Now that he's taken over Pio and Izzys place what are you going to do? :D

bettinge

5 Year Member
Upstate NY
You said "I wonder why he would leave the big pond for a little water pond". Come on, you have heard the saying! Better to be the big frog in a small pond rather than a small frog in a big pond!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I didn't realize how big he was. Look at him compared to Izzy. I think he is as big as Izzy.
010-1.jpg

M

Maggie Cummings

When I lived in Calif I had a frog who looked just like that living in a water dish for my desert tortoise. It was just a plant saucer but that frog came back year after year and when I was getting everything ready to move up here I said if he was there and I could get him I'd move him up here with me...They are just really pretty and really big frogs...I'm glad you have him and I hope you won't chase him away...my guy was not around on moving day...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I hope he doesn't all of a sudden get a craving for Turtle Soup! Before I added turtles to my pond I kept and raised Call ducks (miniature ducks) to sell. The frogs in the pond ate my babies all the time. I had to start incubating the eggs in the house.

Your yard looks so peaceful! I'm so envious.

Yvonne

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Really nice pics Terry.
wow, this frog is huge and totaly cute, he looks really comfortable in the pond :D
Thanks for sharing.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
We often get toads in the box turtle pens. I use to think it was so much fun to throw them night crawlers when feeding the box turtles. One day I thought about the fact that as large as the toads were, they could be eating hatchlings. :(

Terry I would wonder if with it being so early in the year, if the water in the smaller pool was warmer? Also want to add wonderful shots and lovely area!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
We only had about three days here that were in the high 80's.....not normal. That's when I took these pictures. I took them in at night and only let them stay out a few hours. Now it went back into the low 50's at night and around 66 ish during the day. So they havent been out since the pictures that I posted here. Poor guys...they really loved it.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Great pictures as always Terry! Everything looks beautiful even your prince!

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
LOL! Terry don't you wish it were that easy!

Status
Not open for further replies.