wake her up?

ISU

Location (City and/or State)
South Korea
I brought her in Feb. She suffers from severe protozoa and bacterial problems and has been treated for more than 3months and grows very slowly

Thanks to you guys, I've learned how to take good care of her and I'm very grateful

Everything follows Tom's caresheet and I recently recognized that she sleeps for a long time

I wondered how long she was sleeping, and she didn't get up until 2 pm

She got up well in the morning. But since last month, she has been like this from time to time, and now she sleeps until the afternoon if I don't wake her up

The outside temp here goes down to 45f at night and my room is about 77f. The enclosure's temp is always over 80f and the basking spot is over 100f. And humidity is always over 80%

I feed her a variety of things, including mazuri, mazuri ls,grassland, wheat and barley grass, arugula, mulberry leaves,dandelion,cactus, etc.(also use calcuim with d3, multi viman, Nutribac)

I soak her in warm water every day, and she poop every day. If I soak her in the morning, she poops and eats well, and sleeps until the next day. If I soak twice in the morning and afternoon, she eats twice.

Did she slow down because she felt the change of seasons? Should I continue to wake her up and soak her?

I took her to vet last month as she began to wake up late. She didn't have any stones in her body

Her eyes and nose are all clean and she doesn't look sick

*she doesn't usually eat very much, but she seems to have eaten a little less recently.

20201114_155002.jpg20201114_102234.jpg20201114_155031.jpg20201114_163039.jpg

Last edited:

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
It sounds to me like she's feeling the change in seasons. Lots of folks have been posting that their torts are slowing down and sleeping a lot. My tortoise is 2 years old and sleeps 22 of every 24 hours.

If she's healthy, and it sounds like she is, I'd let her sleep as long as she likes. When she wakes up and walks around, soak her and feed her. Then let her sleep.

Mine is getting up around 3-4:00 in the afternoon, then after walking, soaking and eating, goes back to sleep until the next day at 3-4:00.

Reactions: ISU

ISU

South Korea
It sounds to me like she's feeling the change in seasons. Lots of folks have been posting that their torts are slowing down and sleeping a lot. My tortoise is 2 years old and sleeps 22 of every 24 hours.

If she's healthy, and it sounds like she is, I'd let her sleep as long as she likes. When she wakes up and walks around, soak her and feed her. Then let her sleep.

Mine is getting up around 3-4:00 in the afternoon, then after walking, soaking and eating, goes back to sleep until the next day at 3-4:00.
Karen, Thank you always! Your answer is very helpful to me

I'm an inexperienced beginner, and I was more worried because she grew up slowly?

ISU

South Korea
I raised the night temp from 82.5 to 86. She started getting up at 7am yesterday

I think she's adapted to the new chamber

Attachments

• 20201122_071135.jpg
    20201122_071135.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
  • 20201122_071417.jpg
    20201122_071417.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 13
Last edited: