Walters tortoise table!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bow

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
British Columbia
Since it's finally done Walter moved in! he seems pretty pleased. I have pansies, clover, dandelions, grass, and a spider plant all growing around his house. I know it's a bit small, but it's still bigger then his 80 gallon tank. Small steps towards a big table :)

image-365290951.png

image-538533454.png

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I like his name over the door to his home. Look all the plants! Has he eaten on any of them yet?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Looks good.

Your bulbs will work better if they are mounted straight over head and pointing straight down. Either way you should find a better way to attach them. Those clamps always fail eventually and that can be disastrous.

Bow

5 Year Member
British Columbia
Tom said:
Looks good.

Your bulbs will work better if they are mounted straight over head and pointing straight down. Either way you should find a better way to attach them. Those clamps always fail eventually and that can be disastrous.

I know, my stands are still on order. It's been months...

Jacqui said:
I like his name over the door to his home. Look all the plants! Has he eaten on any of them yet?

All the dandelions have been consumed... It only took 15 minutes...

Akronic

5 Year Member
yeah i hang all my fixtures. i dont like leaving the house w/ the CHE on yet, cuz mine is still in a 50gal rubbermaid. and the idea of coming back to the house on fire doesnt sound like fun. what are the dimensions of Walter's table? how did you water proof/seal the bottom?

Bow

5 Year Member
British Columbia
Akronic said:
yeah i hang all my fixtures. i dont like leaving the house w/ the CHE on yet, cuz mine is still in a 50gal rubbermaid. and the idea of coming back to the house on fire doesnt sound like fun. what are the dimensions of Walter's table? how did you water proof/seal the bottom?

It's 2' by 3' and 11.5 inches high. It has a waterproof varnish that my Dad uses on wooden baby toys, we figured if it didn't hurt babies it would be okay for Walter. It seems to be holding up against the humidity really well.

Bow

5 Year Member
British Columbia
Jacqui said:
:D That was fast.

Apparently he really likes dandelions, the funny thing is he had a huge pile of them for breakfast too. The only tiny remaining dandelion in the table looks distinctly nervous for a plant.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Bow said:
Jacqui said:
:D That was fast.

Apparently he really likes dandelions, the funny thing is he had a huge pile of them for breakfast too. The only tiny remaining dandelion in the table looks distinctly nervous for a plant.

:D Is it shaking right down to it's little hair roots? :D

Ashliewood

5 Year Member
Love it :) I'm sure he will be happy. I got a stand at petsmart, not sure where
You live, you might check it out :)

Bow

5 Year Member
British Columbia
Ashliewood said:
Love it :) I'm sure he will be happy. I got a stand at petsmart, not sure where
You live, you might check it out :)

Sadly the nearest big outlet animal store is about 6 hours and two ferries away...

Status
Not open for further replies.