Wanting to adopt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debi1*

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southwest Wyoming
I have a Red-Foot here in Southwest Wyoming that I rescued from a bad situation about a year and a half ago. He has a very nice personality and really likes being with people. Unfortunately he has outgrown the space we have for him indoors and it's too cold most of the year for him to be outside.

I really would like to see him go to someone that would appreciate him and give him a good home with ample space.

Debi

Luke225

5 Year Member
RE: Red-Foot for adoption

Debi1* said:
I have a Red-Foot here in Southwest Wyoming that I rescued from a bad situation about a year and a half ago. He has a very nice personality and really likes being with people. Unfortunately he has outgrown the space we have for him indoors and it's too cold most of the year for him to be outside.

I really would like to see him go to someone that would appreciate him and give him a good home with ample space.

Debi

I would be interested in adding him to my family but live in Townsend, Delaware. How much would shipping be? You can see my guys at my tweeter page. I have not posted all of my tortoises. https://twitter.com/#!/Luke6263

Debi1*

5 Year Member
Southwest Wyoming

Luke225 said:
Debi1* said:

Debi

I would be interested in adding him to my family but live in Townsend, Delaware. How much would shipping be? You can see my guys at my tweeter page. I have not posted all of my tortoises. https://twitter.com/#!/Luke6263

I have never shipped a tortoise before and don't know if it would be safe or fair to him, he's pretty big. But, thanks for the offer.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska

How big is he, and how far would you be willing to go for a meet-up?

Debi1*

5 Year Member
Southwest Wyoming

Madkins007 said:
How big is he, and how far would you be willing to go for a meet-up?

He's 9 inches and does have some pyramiding but otherwise seems in good health. I would be willing to drive a few hundred miles. We might even be able to find somebody heading that way that would be willing to transport him.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska

Sigh. I would LOVE to be able to take any tortoise available, especially red-footeds, but I really don't have enough indoor, wintertime space for them. I was just hoping the info would help spur someone on.

lvstorts

10 Year Member!

Debi,
Shipping a tortoise is not too hard and it's safe. If you find someone that wants him, I'm more than happy to help you through the shipping part. You'd have to wait until Spring when the weather is warmer. I have lots of space for Redfoots but not enough for another male.

Please PM me if I can help in any way.

Terese

Debi1* said:

Debi

dustee35

10 Year Member!

I would love to adopt your redfoot and I would be more than willing to wait till spring and help with the shipping cost. I live in Newton Falls, Ohio. I have a 2 redfoots now and a third would be no problem. let me know. Thanks, Deanna:)

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas

I will be driving to Rapid City, SD from Southeast Texas in late May if your interested in bringing him that far. Doc

Debi1*

5 Year Member
Southwest Wyoming

exoticsdr said:
I will be driving to Rapid City, SD from Southeast Texas in late May if your interested in bringing him that far. Doc

Todd,
Thank you for offering to take T-Bone, our Red-Foot into your home. South Dakota is a 2 day round trip for me, but perhaps I can arrange that. Please keep in touch as Spring nears.

Thank you,

Debi

lvstorts said:
Debi,
Shipping a tortoise is not too hard and it's safe. If you find someone that wants him, I'm more than happy to help you through the shipping part. You'd have to wait until Spring when the weather is warmer. I have lots of space for Redfoots but not enough for another male.

Please PM me if I can help in any way.

Terese

Debi1* said:

Debi

Terese,
Thank you for your response. In never having to ship a tortoise before it's good to know that there's help from someone who knows to help with the details. Probably waiting for spring in any case so will contact you then if shipping happens.

Thank you,
Debi

dustee35 said:
I would love to adopt your redfoot and I would be more than willing to wait till spring and help with the shipping cost. I live in Newton Falls, Ohio. I have a 2 redfoots now and a third would be no problem. let me know. Thanks, Deanna:)
Deanna,
Thank you for your interest in T-Bone. I'll check into the safety of shipping a tortoise that distance and get back to you.
Thank you,
Debi.

Crystal2807

5 Year Member
Nebraska
Wanting to adopt in Nebraska

I am interested in adopting a tortoise, I have not had one for years and want to find one for adoption rather than go to a pet store. I have a large back yard for him and a large walk in 8'X8' area during the winter.
If anyone knows of a tortoise in need in the area please let me know.
-Crystal:tort:

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
RE: Wanting to adopt in Nebraska

What part of Nebraska? What type are you interested in?

Crystal2807

5 Year Member
Nebraska
RE: Wanting to adopt in Nebraska

Jacqui said:
What part of Nebraska? What type are you interested in?

I am thinking about a red foot or a russian. I would love a sculcata, but I don't thnk I could keep such a large sized tortoise as what they get since the winters can get pretty long. I am in Kearney, Nebraska which is right in the middle of the state.

Status
Not open for further replies.