Water hazard

Hai

Location (City and/or State)
Tucson az
So I'm building an area outside for 2 of my torts. What should I do when it starts to rain or when monsoon season comes around. Should I bring them inside? I know when monsoons come the backyard gets flooded. Any ideas on how to keep the water out of there den area?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
So I'm building an area outside for 2 of my torts. What should I do when it starts to rain or when monsoon season comes around. Should I bring them inside? I know when monsoons come the backyard gets flooded. Any ideas on how to keep the water out of there den area?

If you know the area you designate for the tort floods...I would try to designate a different area. Or, you will want to elevate their hide to allow them to retreat up and entirely out of the flood. Now if you mean that the area is 5 feet under flood water...i would seriously pick a different spot. You will not always be available to "save" them.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Can you dig a couple of permanent drainage ditches and lay down some PVB to carry the water off?

drain-pipe.png

Hai

Tucson az
Idk if I can punch a hole through the brick wall to make a drainage. I'll give it a try. I'm not building his area in a spot that floods on purpose. It's just my whole backyard keeps water when it rains. I'll have to make some trenches to direct water