We should be more like tortoises. Please watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Vishnu, I mean you no disrespect, and I'm sorry to ruin your heartwarming intentions, but that whole video is an act of aggression from one tortoise to another. Leopards tend to be pretty mild mannered, but if that were sulcatas or russians you would have been hearing shell impacts in that same sort of scenario.

Vishnu2

5 Year Member
Gran Pulse
Tom said:
Vishnu, I mean you no disrespect, and I'm sorry to ruin your heartwarming intentions, but that whole video is an act of aggression from one tortoise to another. Leopards tend to be pretty mild mannered, but if that were sulcatas or russians you would have been hearing shell impacts in that same sort of scenario.

Then don't ruin them Tom. I heard you, you made your peace with stating what you felt, leave it be. I appreciate your opinion and take it for what it is. Have a wonderful evening.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I think that most times if you give five people the same scene to watch they all will have a different view of the event----no view is right nor wrong---but their own....

Sometimes folks have a different life experience with a particular event and therefore have a totally different view---that is the best thing about people---we may not agree with the way the story is told, but we can take away from it a variety of opinions and pieces of information that we store away...

I have seen first hand gladiator torts---I have seen the severe damage that they can inflict on one another---not because the tort is a "bad" tort but because that is how they are designed....I know that Tom has seen violent, large gladiators in action---the larger the species the more graphic an event becomes and that impression will always be in your mind---now, if someone has not seen these things they will never equate the same impression...no matter how many times words are exchanged...so I hope we can all appreciate where each is coming from and understand that there is no way to let someone else get in your head and see what you see, but rather you can only verbally share your experiences and in turn your opinions....

:D

Vishnu2

5 Year Member
Gran Pulse
ascott said:
I think that most times if you give five people the same scene to watch they all will have a different view of the event----no view is right nor wrong---but their own....

Sometimes folks have a different life experience with a particular event and therefore have a totally different view---that is the best thing about people---we may not agree with the way the story is told, but we can take away from it a variety of opinions and pieces of information that we store away...

I have seen first hand gladiator torts---I have seen the severe damage that they can inflict on one another---not because the tort is a "bad" tort but because that is how they are designed....I know that Tom has seen violent, large gladiators in action---the larger the species the more graphic an event becomes and that impression will always be in your mind---now, if someone has not seen these things they will never equate the same impression...no matter how many times words are exchanged...so I hope we can all appreciate where each is coming from and understand that there is no way to let someone else get in your head and see what you see, but rather you can only verbally share your experiences and in turn your opinions....

:D

Ascott, I appreciate your words I really do. :D

I don't know Tom, I don't know his experiences. I only know a few members closely. I'm not going to go into how long I have been into Veterinary medicine and the experiences I have had with dogs, cats, exotics because in this case it doesn't matter. I simply viewed a video that was sent to me from a caring friend and shared it with the forum. Who knew it would start a debate on tortoise aggression? If, I thought for one second it was a display of tortoise aggression would my title be what it is? No. Would I have posted it like I did? No. I think you're right. I think everyone has a different view when showed a video. That being said, I am think it's time for me to be done with this thread. :D I think you added a nice closing to the thread and for that I thank you.

For those of you who see this video as "tortoise fighting" I sincerely apologize. That was totally not my intent to post such a video.

:D Take Care.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
LOL...you will be amazed at what innocent threads can spiral into on the right night with the right tide and moon set.....LOL :D

We all have out "things" ....so no harm, no foul...have a good night ;)

Vishnu2

5 Year Member
Gran Pulse
ascott said:
LOL...you will be amazed at what innocent threads can spiral into on the right night with the right tide and moon set.....LOL :D

We all have out "things" ....so no harm, no foul...have a good night ;)

Who knew? Lawl. Good night to you too. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.