Weed identification please

Kristyh119

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Nj
I have four weeds growing in my outdoor enclosure that I haven't been able to identify. The first seems to get one to three small purple flowers towards the top, and I've wondered if the third is smartweed. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.IMG_1375.JPG IMG_1376.JPG IMG_1377.JPG IMG_1378.JPG

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
Here is a super way cool app that I've been using for about 3 years now. From what I remember it's free, you take a picture using your phone. I include where I am and time of year I find it growing. I also let them know I have tortoises and I'm looking for safe tortoise food, ya know, something to break up their regular work day. Typically they get back to me fast.
Then, I go to the tortoise table and see what they have to say about the plant. This process works pretty good for me. There's even a place in the app for storing your past questions.
Try it out, and spread the word. As Judge Judy says, "They don't keep me around here 'cause I'm gorgeous!" Here's the app;
http://gardenanswers.com
All I know is that it works on iPhones…

Kristyh119

5 Year Member
Nj
Here is a super way cool app that I've been using for about 3 years now. From what I remember it's free, you take a picture using your phone. I include where I am and time of year I find it growing. I also let them know I have tortoises and I'm looking for safe tortoise food, ya know, something to break up their regular work day. Typically they get back to me fast.
Then, I go to the tortoise table and see what they have to say about the plant. This process works pretty good for me. There's even a place in the app for storing your past questions.
Try it out, and spread the word. As Judge Judy says, "They don't keep me around here 'cause I'm gorgeous!" Here's the app;
http://gardenanswers.com
All I know is that it works on iPhones…
Thank you so much, I'll give that a try. I'm pretty sure I finally found the first on Virginia techs weed ID. It's called clasping Venus' looking glass. I'm assuming it isn't edible because I haven't found anything saying it is. It is the first plant I've ever found no result for on the tortoise table.