Weight Advice

mari

Location (City and/or State)
South Carolina
Hello! I got Remi, my Russian, a little over a month ago and starting tracking his growth just to be cautious. I'm in South Carolina; He eats mostly turnip greens, mustard greens, Romaine lettuce, and some carrots. His cool side is around 75 degrees, and his heated side is around 95 degrees. The humidity is always between 50% to 70%. He is very active (and likes climbing on his hideaway) and eats well, and enjoys the company of people. My question now, is (looking at the below weights), is he growing at a normal rate? Please note these are all after having a long soak and always in the same position in the exact same bowl (same weight too) every time. Also, I know I check his weight way more often than needed. :oops: I'm just worried I'll do something wrong. Thank you in advance!

04/12/16 - 304 grams
07/12/16 - 315 grams
11/12/16 - 320 grams

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
How old is the tortoise? Captive bred, right?

mari

South Carolina
How old is the tortoise? Captive bred, right?
No, he is likely wild-caught. I'm GUESSING his age to be between four and nine? I personally just say he's four, though it's unlikely. His shell is about 5" if that helps whatsoever.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't know what they should weigh at that size and age. However, if he keeps gaining, I wouldn't worry. I would try to add more variety to his diet.

mari

South Carolina
I don't know what they should weigh at that size and age. However, if he keeps gaining, I wouldn't worry. I would try to add more variety to his diet.
Alright, thank you. I just wanted to make sure he's doing okay!