weight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
Melissa, when I got squirt I couldn't find her nostrils and after a trip to the vet and baytyril injections she now has nostrils, as well as energy and is doing great. I am concerned that you cant see her nostrils. Glad she is holding on her weight. peeling is a natural occurance as long as they don't have red or raw areas under the peel. Up her soak times by 10 minutes and see if that helps. But I would suggest you look for a new Reptile vet. And if you don't see nostrils I would have her checked by the vet and cultured to see if she has a RI. Just my opinion take it for what its worth.

Coldliz

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Robyn your opinion is worth a lot to me.
Ive been concerned about not seeing her nostrils too. She was treated for RI with Fortaz ( I think) and she was fine after that. But then she got the infection IN the nostril and those healed and poor little girl has no nostrils now. she doesn't have any bubbles from her nose, her eyes look clear.. What are other signs of an RI? I'm going to call around and try to find another vet.
Her neck skin looks fine. Just "shedding" I'm thinking.
thanks for your help

Coldliz

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I gave her another soaking this evening. This time 30 minutes. I noticed after about 25 minutes the water was discolored and I noticed a little urates. Yay! not a lot but its something.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
This med Fortaz is (ceftazidime) which is the antibiotic they first put my two Greeks on when they had RIs. I am sorry to say, they seemed to get better then took a turn for the worst. It did nothing for them. I changed vets and that is when they did a culture to let me know what they had and what med would actually help them. If she had a strain that Fortaz didn't work on she may still have the RI. Squirts nose was completely closed. She would eat a little but was sluggish. I could barely see a pin point of where one of her nostrils was and none of the other. One week on Baytril and she was better. I could see both nostrils, and about a week after her shots stopped she really started to pick up. Baytril is hard on them. But I would rather spend the $$ on a culture to make sure what I am giving them will work than the $$ on something that isn't working and then spend the $$ for something that will plus put them through unnecessary extra shots. This is what my experiences with my Greeks and Sully were.

Status
Not open for further replies.