Weird behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoogator2

5 Year Member
I have an ibera Greek tortoise that is probably between 1-2 years old. He tried aloe Vera for the first time two days ago. Yesterday, he didn't "wake up" until three hours after he usually does and barely ate any of his food (no aloe this time). Today, he again did not wake up at his normal time and hasn't touched his food yet. Any ideas on what is wrong and anything I can do to help?

IBeenEasy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
hey bro,
if the tort did not react well to the food you gave, first i would stay away from giving it to him again. i would imagine that torts and all animals are like humans in a way that you do find singles that might have allergies or might just not react well to things they normally should have no problem with. i would try to keep his lighting off or low for a day or two..and put him in a wide, shallow container with warm water..and put some regular greens in there..lettuce or what ever your normal daily feed is. you might also see a positive result but putting him in a warm bath with live earth worms in the water..this really gets my tort awake and alert.. try the warm bath with greens..and if that dont work..try a warm bath with live earth worms..i bet you ,he will run faster then you've ever seen after the worms..hope this works! AND!!! make sure your temps are not running to low... when the temps drop...the animal can not digest its food..they are cold blooded animals and the torts body relies on the external heat

Status
Not open for further replies.