Weirdest food eaten!

yillt

I think I win:
Billy has eaten snails, feathers and he tried to eat chicken.
Anyone else have any weird attempts?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
does possum for my red ear slider account?

Prairie Mom

I wanted to make a little hill in the enclosure, so I brought home a bucketful of soil - from the cemetery.
The next day my tortoises were gnawing on some strange bones... :rolleyes:
ZOMBIE TORTOISE!!!!! Disturbing and Awesome!!! He'll be after living humans next!!! :D

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I wanted to make a little hill in the enclosure, so I brought home a bucketful of soil - from the cemetery.
The next day my tortoises were gnawing on some strange bones... :rolleyes:
Did you ever find out for sure what the bones were from?

WithLisa

5 Year Member
Austria
Did you ever find out for sure what the bones were from?
At my next visit I took a closer look at that heap of dirt and found other bones, even a human jaw bone. The last grave that was opened was of my neighbour's relatives, so they were probably her uncle's (he was buried there about 20 years ago)?
My neighbour laughed about it, she thinks her uncle wouldn't have minded, so I left the bone fragments in the enclosure. :D

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
One of mine eats the moss off the rocks outside in the garden. Not sure if this is normal or not.

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
At my next visit I took a closer look at that heap of dirt and found other bones, even a human jaw bone. The last grave that was opened was of my neighbour's relatives, so they were probably her uncle's (he was buried there about 20 years ago)?
My neighbour laughed about it, she thinks her uncle wouldn't have minded, so I left the bone fragments in the enclosure. :D
I had to check which country you are in. the police would have been involved here in the US. every person is buried six foot down in a box so any person you find that close to the surface has probably been murdered....ewwew