Well, Heeeeeeeere's Mo!!!

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bixby
Also, having a hard time keeping the hot side over 85 at night. Any recommendations?

Maybe crank up the temps a little and then it by the time the heat gets to ground level it will be where you need it. Those che's probably don't run during the day because of the lights but at night time they work to heat the whole enclosure.

Nisi

New York
I really like this enclosure. great job. I think I will do something like this.

kmloughran

5 Year Member
Napa, Ca
I really like this enclosure. great job. I think I will do something like this.
Thanks! Found out that having live plants in different parts of the enclosure is s great way to find out where the uvb light doesn't reach. One of his favorite basking spots doesn't get enough to sustain healthy plant growth.

Also need to find better tortoise friendly/heat tolerant plants.,.. Apparently violas are prissy little things...

He liked the wheatgrass at first, but not anymore. Ordered a bag of testudo mix to plant in the grass tray. Also ordered a 100w heater to replace the 60, and another 24" UVB setup for the "sunny side"

TerrapinStation

Detroit, Michigan
Very cool stuff. Mo is growing like a weed! Really cool marbling coming in.

I think you will have better success with the Testudo Mix. It grows like mad for us, and our Leo loves it.

Do you have the link or exact name of that Home Depot set up?

Also try different succulents in your enclosure. They are small, cheap and mostly edible for your tort. Just make sure you purge them out for a couple weeks (in case they were started with fertilizer) before you put them in.

kmloughran

5 Year Member
Napa, Ca
Very cool stuff. Mo is growing like a weed! Really cool marbling coming in.

I think you will have better success with the Testudo Mix. It grows like mad for us, and our Leo loves it.

Do you have the link or exact name of that Home Depot set up?

Also try different succulents in your enclosure. They are small, cheap and mostly edible for your tort. Just make sure you purge them out for a couple weeks (in case they were started with fertilizer) before you put them in.

So here's the link to the enclosure: http://m.homedepot.com/p/Lifetime-4...v32L6XLX4Du_90Ti_oavYl5mBQFx9a4o38aAvjN8P8HAQ

firewire

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Oklahoma City
1- 100w CHE on automatic thermostat set to 100
2- 60w indoor/outdoor flood
3- 24" 10.0 UVB 24w
4- 60w indoor/outdoor flood
5- 60w CHE on automatic thermostat set to 84
Numbers_zpsylz715pn.jpg

Thanks for the marked up picture with legend!

kmloughran

5 Year Member
Napa, Ca
Great job! Great enclosure!
Thanks! It's a constant work in progress. Later this week the automatic hydration goes in. Setting up a drip system under the substrate and extra misters inside the humid hide. And then as soon as we move to our new house, I'll start building his greenhouse.

Yeah, he's a spoiled little brat.

Roy's Mom

San Diego
Oh my gosh, you're set up is amazing! Can you post a picture of the humid hide? I would love to hear how you set that portion up so that I might be able to set up something similar. The only thing is that my leopard is big, so I'll need to set up something larger. If anyone else also has ideas for a humid hide for a large leopard, I would love your ideas.

kmloughran

5 Year Member
Napa, Ca
IMG_0357.JPG.jpeg IMG_0358.JPG.jpeg
Oh my gosh, you're set up is amazing! Can you post a picture of the humid hide? I would love to hear how you set that portion up so that I might be able to set up something similar. The only thing is that my leopard is big, so I'll need to set up something larger. If anyone else also has ideas for a humid hide for a large leopard, I would love your ideas.

So you can make this Humid hide ANY size. I made mine out of PVC pipe and fittings. It's basically like an erector set. SO make your frame any size you want. Then use 4x45degree angle pieces (or a combo of 2x45 and 1x90degree to create your desired openings/size. Once your whole enclosure is made, use a window weather sealer/shrink wrapping kit (available at most hardware stores) to enclose it. The kit uses double sided tape and a clear plastic sheeting that you heat with a hairdryer to shrink it/tighten it up.Use a razor blade to trim all excess plastic sheeting. I made a large opening in the roof of mine with a lid (in order to have easy access to the inside for spraying and cleaning).

Hope that helps! If you have any other questions let me know!