Went to the vet today for Dankers my dog - Vet gave me a Flea medicine warning!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

terracolson

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento
Well it seems he has fleas!! oh my Gosh, my dog has fleas!!
How horrible..

Just kidding... he does have fleas, i just couldnt find them... They found one then thats all i needed... We never have treated Dank all season, cause in Riverside, So cal, we never had fleas, but here in Sac Town, in the spring and summer we do.. So it tells me spring is really coming...

The vet said he should be on comfortis, cause all the other flea meds are not tortoise safe.. ALSO any over the counter walmart flea med, works great, BUT it contains a raid like chemical and will kill any reptile.. So heads up animal lovers..

Do your flea medicine research...

Also he is over weight and he has to go on a diet, so i guess the whole family got comfortable and fat!! Nice!!

puppy002.jpg

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I use Frontline on my dogs and cats and I have never had a problem with Dale or Ruby. Of course I don't let the dogs get too close to them either. How old is your dog? Danker looks worn out from the vet visit or is it due to the exercise he now has to do? :D I myself don't like putting that poison on them, but they're are miserable without it. So what to do? :)

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
Well the vet said its has to do with the topical ones arent safe.. they could rubb off on something else..

the by mouth ones are safer...

Imagine dosing your dog, sending him outside, he rolls on the grass you tort eats that grass...

and that is a very tired picture of him, but it was before the vet...if i show you after the vet, you will think this 8 year old dog is in a coma

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
That is a very good point about the dog rubbing on the grass. I would have never thought of that one. Yes do post more pictures of him he looks so sweet.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Ohhh you could just squeeze him and love him he's so cute in that pose and so well trained too. I guess he's probably spoiled too huh? :p

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
What do you think?

l_f9c7626ecb4727e75fbed1174c6d1f77.jpg

His punishment.. is having to spend time outside in the sunshine!

Status
Not open for further replies.