Western Hermann’s? Good start?

Kelz0429

Location (City and/or State)
NC
Hi All!

I’m seriously considering this yearling Western Hermann’s as my first tortoise.

I’m fairly convinced it is actually a Western. But I’m hoping to get confirmation. I’m also curious how it is looking as far as its start is concerned.

Any thoughts/advice is welcomed! Thanks!IMG_0891.jpegIMG_0890.jpeg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi All!

I’m seriously considering this yearling Western Hermann’s as my first tortoise.

I’m fairly convinced it is actually a Western. But I’m hoping to get confirmation. I’m also curious how it is looking as far as its start is concerned.

Any thoughts/advice is welcomed! Thanks!View attachment 370956View attachment 370957
We'd need to see the plastron to confirm western, but it does have the golden cheek spot and vibrant colors.

Read through this thread at least twice, and look for the temperate species care sheet near the bottom. It will help you avoid a lot of frustrating mistakes:

Kelz0429

NC
We'd need to see the plastron to confirm western, but it does have the golden cheek spot and vibrant colors.

Read through this thread at least twice, and look for the temperate species care sheet near the bottom. It will help you avoid a lot of frustrating mistakes:
Thank you so much, Tom! Here is the only photo I have of the plastron. Does it help?
Is there evidence of pyramiding already?

IMG_0892.jpeg