western red foot from turtle and tortoise inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gargonshepard

5 Year Member
I decided to go with a red foot tortoise when I found these labeled western red doors on the turtle and tortoise website. It was stated Cb 4 to 5 inches. I asked for the largest male. They were hatched 2010. He arrived today and he is beautiful with bright yellow and orange on his head with flaming red on his legs. He has a nice smooth shell and is already eating. His name is Oogie and my family loves him already family

gargonshepard

5 Year Member
161.jpg223.jpg227.jpg159.jpgUrgh my laptop was on the fritz and I was trying to post for my phone, the curser was jumping all over the place and auto corrector changed words. Plus I thought I added photos.

Anyway the tortoise came and it was 5.5 inches. They stated Western Red foot and gave the ranges Equador, Columbia, Panama. He is eating great and fairly active.

I've got two questions for you experts.

1. Male or female. I asked for a male and they said at this size it is hard to tell. I have seen "him" head bob. I included a photo.

2. Equador Colombia and Panama seems vague. I noticed a thread were one poster could look at your tortoise and narow it down. Any guesses would be appreciated.

We really love him.

Last edited by a moderator:

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Those countries do fall into the category of the Northern Race of red foots. Pretty hard to know exactly for sure if it is from those regions. Im not familiar with the Equador redfoots, but the columbians usually have a typical watermelon shape. Where the northeastern's have a "waste band" or hour glass shape. Look like a male from what I can tell. How long is the tail?

gargonshepard

5 Year Member
tortadise said:
Those countries do fall into the category of the Northern Race of red foots. Pretty hard to know exactly for sure if it is from those regions. Im not familiar with the Equador redfoots, but the columbians usually have a typical watermelon shape. Where the northeastern's have a "waste band" or hour glass shape. Look like a male from what I can tell. How long is the tail?

I've yet to see it good it is usually tucked in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.