WHAT A DIFFERENCE A DAY MAKES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
Not one day has gone by this winter that my tortoises have not been outside for at least a few hours...until today!

Yesterday they were soaking...Snowflake with the five Sudans
1535gfl.jpg

Today...this is the only picture I got...a "hosecicle"
30vmyr4.jpg

:tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Not much better here. This is NOT good tortoise weather! Although the weeds and wild grasses are LOVING all the intermittent rain. I found a huge patch of super tender young grass yesterday. You could fill a truck bed with it. It is so soft and tender that I tried some myself. Not my cup of tea, but if I were a herbivorous reptile....

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
No kidding! Although I let them roam a little bit...I try to keep them isolated in the WARM ZONE! That patch of DG that still maintains temps of 85F on a 45F day. If they wander from there...back to the CHAMBER...buahhahahah!

My three largest are just now approaching 200g...the smallest is 71 and the next smallest is 94. SLOW BUT SURE!

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
The weather here has been very crazy, its really messing with the torts schedules... :D

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
I very much enjoy watching these guys grow vicariously through the experiences of other members. Thanks.

mattgrizzlybear

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Not much better here, but as you say in NE Ohio if you don't like the weather, wait five minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.