What a neat place!

Prairie Mom

Hi,
My given name is TURDY but my mom calls me Tank because she thinks it's nicer and much more appropriate these days. I no longer do the thing that inspired my original name (thank goodness) !
My mom is my favorite person because she goes hunting for hibiscus flowers for me and they are my FAVORITE thing in the world to eat. When I see my mom with those beautiful red flowers, fresh or even spent, I RUN to her! Sometimes I get so excited I climb onto her lap! View attachment 97177
Running to you and climbing in your lap!?---I may have just died from an overdose of cute!:D I'm so glad he has such a loving permanent home. (I need to plant some hibiscus!)

TanksMom

Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento Valley
Hi! Back on the forum after a very interesting weekend with the Tankster and some new and different behavior......
I think that head bobbing can be about breathing (which I'm doubting it involves in this case), mating, being "alpha"..... So I am baffled around my boys sudden usage of this behavior. He seems to now have some conflict or "desire to mate" with, primarily, my hubbie's sneakers and I guess, consequently, my sneakers (yard work shoes). He charges and starts neck extended head bobs at the shoe(s) and either test bites or bumps (and not mini bumps I might add) and if we walk away he "chases" us. Then if we leave for a bit he "forgets" momentarily but then becomes Tankzilla again. He has been in my life for over 10 years now and this is a first. Hubby said it has happened once before but that was when Daisy (another DT - female) was alive. Best assumption there was that he was answering the call to mate and was hearing "boom chicka wow wow" music in his head LOL.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
She's Tank'sMom. One of the moderators will have to suggest what to do. Can you alter your name at all? I do think TurdyMom is pretty funny...:)

Only Josh can do name changes, so he would need to be sent a PM.