Meet Valentine and his Mom!!!!

Valentine's Mom

Location (City and/or State)
Florida
Hi Everyone,

My mom is trying her best to find the most accurate information on taking proper care of all my wants and needs. She thinks this is the best place to start. I tried to tell her what I want but she thinks this is a better idea...Anyway, here we are!!! Let me introduce us. I am a niced sized male Sulcata, around a 100lbs. I was born on Vanetines Day in 1998. Go figure my mom would name me Valentine...I wanted a manly name but now I would just settle for a girlfriend! Anyway, life is good for me. Mom just added a 20x40 fenced addition to my yard. I have five acres to walk when she is home but she doesn't like me to roam so far when she is away. Mom is ready to build me my new house as I have been renovating the old one on a very regular basis. A growing boy needs some space!!! That is what brought her to you. She was looking for ideas on building the ultimate house for me. Not that I'm picky but I do have needs. Mom and I look forward to meeting new friends!!!

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the TFO from AZ. Torts rule ! I really enjoyed reading your intro it was great .

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Loved your introduction.
Welcome to the forum, Valentine and mom.
You can get some good ideas by having a look at the enclosures forums and have a look at the sulcata's section under the African tortoises forum.
Some of the members can give their thoughts too, but I don't have sulcatas myself, though they're lovely torts.

Valentine's Mom

Florida
Loved your introduction.
Welcome to the forum, Valentine and mom.
You can get some good ideas by having a look at the enclosures forums and have a look at the sulcata's section under the African tortoises forum.
Some of the members can give their thoughts too, but I don't have sulcatas myself, though they're lovely torts.
Thank you for all the wonderful information!!!! I think I have decided to build Valentine's home base on a members detailed building plans. Sounds like he has a big boy like mine...

Valentine's Mom

Florida
Hello and welcome to the TFO from AZ. Torts rule ! I really enjoyed reading your intro it was great .
Thank you!!! We spend most winters in Lake Havasu City and have often thought of traveling with Valentine but he loves his home in Florida and moving a 100lb tort is just too much work!

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Thank you!!! We spend most winters in Lake Havasu City and have often thought of traveling with Valentine but he loves his home in Florida and moving a 100lb tort is just too much work!
If Valentine finds AZ he will lay in the sun , control the TV remote , whisper in Spanish , and drink Bud but will not want too return to Fld. You've been warned ! :)

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Welcome Valentine you are soooooooooooooooo cute :) Tell your Mom hi and she has a lot of reading to do :)