Elenitortoises

Location (City and/or State)
Cyprus Limassol
I've recently become responsible of these 5 stunners. Could you please let me know what you think they are? I live in Cyprus if thus helps. Just checking, as 2 vets told me slightly different things.
- What are the 2 big ones?
- What are the 2 medium ones?
- The baby tortoise?
20240508_125542.jpg

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
I've recently become responsible of these 5 stunners. Could you please let me know what you think they are? I live in Cyprus if thus helps. Just checking, as 2 vets told me slightly different things.
- What are the 2 big ones?
- What are the 2 medium ones?
- The baby tortoise?
View attachment 370972
While I can't tell the species I just wanted to say hello and welcome! Nice to see more people from Cyprus here!

Elenitortoises

Cyprus Limassol
And the two different species should not be mixed and the baby really should not be with adults. The baby needs a closed chamber enclosure with high humidity.
Please look up the caresheet for each and read it and make needed changes.
Hello, I appreciate this but my questions were specific to something else. My dad, who passed away hence I became responsible, had them for 10+ years, both species together. It's quite common in Cyprus, I know multiple families who have testudos mixed and they're certainly fine together. The weather right now and for the next 3 months minimum is perfect for torts and both vets approved the enclosure for all 5 of them. I've now started moving the baby (by itself) during feeding time - as advised by the vets 😊

Please look up the caresheet for each and read it and make needed changes.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
So sorry for your loss. I know that loss unfortunately.
Listening to care info from a vet is not the best place for care info. Most have little to no care knowledge that is proper. Most have little tortoises medical knowledge too. If they thought the two species should be mixed then I would really question their knowledge and morals! If they thought that baby was fine with the adults, another reason to question their education. People that do this are wrong and are causing hybrids to be hatched. It's up to you if you want to continue doing it the wrong way or do it the right way. I don't know what sexes they are but tortoises should never be kept in pairs either, so if you have a pair of each species, four different enclosures would be needed and then one for the baby until it's old enough to sex.
Good luck