What can I give my sulcatas to aid digestion?

Dorely

Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Hello! I have 3 Sulcata Toroises all around 3 years old. Lately I’ve noticed that one has been having trouble pooping, and has beem pushing very hard but nothing comes out. I’ve been soaking him in warm water very often but he’s still having trouble. Do you guys have any suggestions as to what foods can aid to help him digest better? I would appreciate your help! Thank you.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello! I have 3 Sulcata Toroises all around 3 years old. Lately I’ve noticed that one has been having trouble pooping, and has beem pushing very hard but nothing comes out. I’ve been soaking him in warm water very often but he’s still having trouble. Do you guys have any suggestions as to what foods can aid to help him digest better? I would appreciate your help! Thank you.
Spineless opuntia is a good lubricator too.

What do you normally feed them? How are they housed? What size are they?

zovick

10 Year Member!
Bene-Bac is a probiotic powder which aids digestion. Just make sure you get the type labeled for birds and reptiles rather than mammals.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I would suggest lots of soaking, lots of opuntia cactus pads, some aloe and more soaking. Digestion & constipation issues seem to be caused by poor dry inappropriate food. Make sure you are feeding well hydrated grasses, blossoms, grape leaves cactus pads etc. make sure water is available. Soaking too.