WHAT CAUSES THIS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

murdocjunior

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
South, Texas
WHAT CAUSES A DIFFERENT LOOK LIKE THAT ON THE SHELL?

murdocjunior said:
WHAT CAUSES A DIFFERENT LOOK LIKE THAT ON THE SHELL?

P.S THIS IS FROM FLORIDAIGUANA.COM

Attachments

• SULLY WOW.jpg
    SULLY WOW.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 273

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
Scute deformities can occur when the eggs are incubated at too high a temperature.

murdocjunior

10 Year Member!
South, Texas
Yeah I knew extra scute and irregularity happenes when too high or low temps but I didnt think this was a deformity, it looks nice lol

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Pyramiding is already starting. Even though they live in Florida, for some reason their torts pyramid. Look at their Aldabras. I believe they keep them too dry.

SDDTMama

5 Year Member
Totally off topic and just my opinion, BUT:

Even if I owned a tortoise(s) that could get large enough for a small child to ride on, I would never even entertain the idea of doing so. :(

That is all.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Andrea...is that what it says in their ad?

I'm really liking that different scute design. Wish I had one like that.

SDDTMama

5 Year Member
Yvonne,

Barb's post that said to "Look at their Aldabras" piqued my interest, so I visited their website. Their Galapagos tort pictures feature 3 different young people "riding" their tortoises. I realize these tortoises are HUNDREDS of pounds, and that a child on their backs didn't harm them in any way. It's just, IMHO, not something I agree with. Like people riding elephants at the fair or in a circus, or even in their natural habitats. It's just my personal opinion. >Shrug<

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
SDDTMama said:
Yvonne,

Barb's post that said to "Look at their Aldabras" piqued my interest, so I visited their website. Their Galapagos tort pictures feature 3 different young people "riding" their tortoises. I realize these tortoises are HUNDREDS of pounds, and that a child on their backs didn't harm them in any way. It's just, IMHO, not something I agree with. Like people riding elephants at the fair or in a circus, or even in their natural habitats. It's just my personal opinion. >Shrug<

When you have giants, you will not be forced to let children ride upon them.

My future kids will ride on the backs of my future giants if they so desire it since it does not cause the giants any harm and would be a positive experience for the children and a very nice formative memory that could further engender an appreciation for the wonders of nature.

murdocjunior

10 Year Member!
South, Texas
I would let children ride them too if they disire as long as the tort is happy with it, there shouldnt be a problem :)

Holycow

10 Year Member!
Homestead ,FL
Ever see photos of large Aldab or other big tortoise mount a female, were talking serious weight on top. I wouldn't worry about the weight of a tiny human when it comes to the giants. As long as your not trying to ride the darn thing to school or something.

murdocjunior

10 Year Member!
South, Texas
Holycow said:
Ever see photos of large Aldab or other big tortoise mount a female, were talking serious weight on top. I wouldn't worry about the weight of a tiny human when it comes to the giants. As long as your not trying to ride the darn thing to school or something.

Exactly!!!! Enough said lol

Status
Not open for further replies.