what do u gyys think

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevguam

5 Year Member
I've had Kirby since Nov I didn't get a chance to weigh him but right now he is 1.6oz he is active he eats but not tons I feed Kirby romaine, spring mix, I've tryed bok choy, and kale he is under a 125watt mvb and a heat lamp at night do u think he is a ok weight I will post Pics of him later I had gotten him from a local pet store which kept them under a spiral tube bulb and fed him only mustard greens

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
What are your temps and humidity? Are you doing soaks? With this info, some of the more experienced on here can help tweak if needed. Pictures are always helpful too:D

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Do you know the age of Kirby? When you pick Kirby up does he feel solid or hollow?

kevguam

5 Year Member
idk how old kirby was when i first got him, temps in his table range from 100 in basking to 75ish, i soak him every night from 20 to 30 min, he usually poops in his water like usual, i dont has a humidity gauge yet but i try to keep it as moist in the cage as possible without making it muddy i have him in organic soil, i have a bowl of water that he does walk in everyday i put out different types of greens every morning, he feels solid from what i can tell, idk if its just me or what from what i see others torts growth are compared to him

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
They all grow at such different rates that its hard to even compare clutch mates when it comes to growth. As long as Kirby feels solid when picked up then he is probably good. Weighing on a regular basis will help you track weight and as long as its going up then your good.

I would guess that Kirby is only a couple months old.

When I got my hatchling, he was 3 months old and weighed 40 grams or 1.4oz...

kevguam

5 Year Member
:tort:

there is a pic of him thanks guys/gals for the advice

Attachments

• kirby.jpg
    kirby.jpg
    825 KB · Views: 53

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
He looks good. Keep doing what you are doing and get him as much sunshine as you can. Grocery store greens are okay, but can you get some grasses or weeds? Do you ever feed Mazuri? That might help to put some size on him too.

kevguam

5 Year Member
i usually drop him off at my gfs house which isnt sprayed at all, there barmuda cloves growing like crazy and he loves it, i was looking into it i was going to order some and see how he likes it, i tryed sulcata food seed all he ate out of it was the cloves and left everything else to die, i built a outdoor table for him but its been to cold in the morning and by the time i get home its dark but its starting to warm up more so he will be outside way more,

Status
Not open for further replies.