What does the switch do on Arcadia controller

No1much

Location (City and/or State)
Cardiff
Hey guys (and gals)

I just bought the Arcadia IP64 controller for my uv tube light and it has a grey circular switch on it that flickers red when I turn it on. Only for a few seconds. I have no clue what it does and the instructions dont say anything about it. I've googled the hell out of it to no avail.
I've turned it on and off but it doesn't appear to do anything.
Can anyone enlighten a noob as to what it is for? I just want to make sure I've set it up right.

Thanks 15703000379333616761910690085221.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I've never seen that type of receptacle. Could the switch be a dimmer?

No1much

Cardiff
Hi Yvonne thanks for the reply. I initially thought so too but it makes no visible difference to the light or behavior that would indicate it could be a dimmer that's incompatible with the bulb "flickering etc" I'm stumped and there's no mention of a dimmer on the box or any mention of the switch at all. It's an official Arcadia controller. To be honest this whole florescent uvb lighting situation is very complicated to me. I took my little guy Cadwell to the the vet yesterday and she said that it doesn't appear like he's had enough uv as his shell and bottom jaw are a tiny bit soft. I've had him exactly a month and he's about a year old (she did say it's not unusual at his age for the shell to not be fully developed) I had to quickly learn what I needed and rush out and get it. (I caught him having a nap here)15703069527676028388291059018744.jpg The switch does have an LED in it that flickers red when I turn it on. I'm just worried incase it's important because I just want to do everything I possibly can for the little dude.15703066292007363813706865915311.jpg

Thad

Belguim
looks like the bulb starter to me ( might be a bad translation) but fluorescent lights need help to give light.
normaly you can give it a quarter turn and take it out if the lamp doesnt start its the starter.

images

No1much

Cardiff
Amazing ! Thank you so much that looks like it exactly ! Mystery solved !

Thad

Belguim
They do also break seperatly from the bulb so dont forget to change them out when replacing the bulb!

No1much

Cardiff
Thanks I will definitely do that ! I know nothing about these bulbs so this is definitely useful info thanks alot