what housing would you recommend for uk

andy farrow

Location (City and/or State)
Wigan,UK
Hi everyone, would you recommend a viv setup or a table top? Getting differing ideas due to keeping humidity levels up.. I've got a viv setup and 18 mth old reddie coming next week. Pics will follow as soon as we get our youngster home :)

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
The TFO has a section on enclosures see what you like ! Tables seem to be hard to keep humidity high ! Good luck with your search !

DutchieAmanda

5 Year Member
Netherlands
Hi and welcome, great you're getting a redfoot soon!

I'd recommend a closed chamber type enclosure, because it is really hard to keep humidity >80% in an open topped table. Redfoots need quite a lot of room, and big vivs can be expensive, so I've build my own enclosure. You could also use really big plastic tubs, bookcases laid on their back, etc.

Good luck!

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Hi everyone, would you recommend a viv setup or a table top? Getting differing ideas due to keeping humidity levels up.. I've got a viv setup and 18 mth old reddie coming next week. Pics will follow as soon as we get our youngster home :)
Are you buying or making an enclosure?
What sort of size can you provide?
I would stick with viv type for now.
I started with an open table and had nothing but problems with temps and humidity, after a month I got rid of the table.
My juveniles are in a viv type now and its just not a worry at all with temps and humidity.

andy farrow

Wigan,UK
Thanks all, i'm buying a 4x2x2 viv for the time being but will be extending soon to a 6x3x3 home build. i thought it sounded a bit awkward with a table and keeping humidity levels up. I will post pics of the build along the way :)

addouk

5 Year Member
Hi Andy, I am in the uk and use a viv..it does for now while my tort is little but an def going to have to look at a custom built one in the future. Look forward to seeing what you come up with