What is this in Tortoise Stool?

Avuwyy

Location (City and/or State)
Liverpool, Merseyside
Hello!

Was monitoring my tortoise whilst he soaked and found this in his stool. Took it out and wiped it off unsure what it was, and gave it a squeeze, to which it gave a small hiss and bubbled. It has left a foul scent on my fingers. It’s small, and easily fits between my index finger and thumb.

He has recently been medicated with Panacur and is experiencing loose stool. He is being soaked every night.

He is still active. Eyes bright and alert. He hasn’t really been drinking in his soaks, but I’ve caught him drinking once or twice at his water dish, and his meals are often dampened quite a bit to try and make up for him not drinking.

Any help is appreciated.
( Also apologies. I post a lot regarding my tortoise’s stool, as well as things regarding diet and use of Panacur. He does appear healthy but I don’t want to miss anything which could be fatal )

Attachments

• 7BFB3ED7-1170-4750-B6CC-E121F645301D.jpeg
    7BFB3ED7-1170-4750-B6CC-E121F645301D.jpeg
    466 KB · Views: 6

Avuwyy

Liverpool, Merseyside
To my unscientific eye, it looks like a seed of some sort.
Something that survived the trip through the digestive tract without dissolving

Left this for a bit just to see if he passes something similar. He hasn’t since so I’m unsure if when I had been picking weeds that he ended up eating something I didn’t mean to pick and wasn’t washed away when I had rinsed the weeds off, and that’s what has come out of his stool undigested (For example, a seed, as you had said). Thankfully he seems fine.

Thank you for your response :)

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Left this for a bit just to see if he passes something similar. He hasn’t since so I’m unsure if when I had been picking weeds that he ended up eating something I didn’t mean to pick and wasn’t washed away when I had rinsed the weeds off, and that’s what has come out of his stool undigested (For example, a seed, as you had said). Thankfully he seems fine.

Thank you for your response i

Thank you for your response :)
We're here to help