What is this?

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
He is either going into the box turtle enclosure or outside to freeze his little invertebrate butt off. I just found him in my dogs water dish and almost threw up.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I put him in with my Boxturtle. She might find him tomorrow who knows. Or he could live a long time in there who knows. nature will take it's course :)

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I refuse to feel guilty for feeding my Boxturtle. Good try guys. if that slug was outdoors right now he would be frozen solid. At least he is warm, for now. I just wonder how he got in here, maybe he hitched a ride on the dog. A praying mantis is the only bug that gets a free ride out of my house.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Yum... that's real juicy... I've never fed a slug, but apparently worms are really hard to get down (it's disgusting to watch) but that's because they're still wriggling... :confused:o_O:D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm wondering how you could have stood to have it actually on your skin? E-w-w-w-w-w! I hate those things.

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
Slugs are good box turtle food. Mine will eat them off a spoon, although it took them a while to trust me enough to do that. You're likely to find the slug under the water dish if it wasn't eaten.