What is this?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
I refuse to feel guilty for feeding my Boxturtle. Good try guys. if that slug was outdoors right now he would be frozen solid. At least he is warm, for now. I just wonder how he got in here, maybe he hitched a ride on the dog. A praying mantis is the only bug that gets a free ride out of my house.

Nooooo....I was only referring to THIS slug....you are the one who introduced him to us...so actually, this is your fault......LOL....FREE HENRY!!!!!!! slide little dude, slllliiiiidddddeeee.....:p

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
I keep wormies in my Russian's enclosure, they live under the water dish, I try to bury smaller chunks of food scrap near them, most came with the dirt from outside when he got dirt in his enclosure, come spring i'll probably abduct some sidewalk wormies too. After seeing this slug I think he's kind of cute, like I'm considering abducting some from outside later on in life and keeping some to do their own thing, I'd already have eatables for them since I d for Nank :)

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
I hope you name one Henry, in memorial of this little trooper that gave his life.....:)
Ms boxie might have eaten him yet! Have hope for Henry!! :D
I really liked your link, I had no idea keeping snails as pet was a thing or could be so in depth! That could be fun, like with the bigger kinds of snails...

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
:eek: Okay, not THAT big! I'm thinking-
images

-they are kind of cute...
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/05/07/18107999-deadly-giant-snail-found-in-houston?lite
I wouldn't want that kind, either :confused:!

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I can't imagine a snail that big. Just think what an easy way to feed your tortoises those would be.
Well, I just got back from my trip and I can't find the slug. Now before you get all up in arms people :) realize that he would probably have to be about the size of that gigantic snail for me to find him easily. I looked in and under the water bowl but haven't found him yet. Tickle does not have a canary eating grin on her face so maybe she hasn't found him yet.