What kind should I get?

23hallkorr

Location (City and/or State)
Utah
I have a baby Sulcata and i’m wondering what kind of substrate would be the best. I was hoping for a substrate that would be able to have plants growing inside of it both for decoration, a snack, and humidity. I know fine grade orchid bark is good as a base substrate but I’m not sure if plants could thrive in that. Thanks!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I have a baby Sulcata and i’m wondering what kind of substrate would be the best. I was hoping for a substrate that would be able to have plants growing inside of it both for decoration, a snack, and humidity. I know fine grade orchid bark is good as a base substrate but I’m not sure if plants could thrive in that. Thanks!
You could have small potted plants with the top of the pots on level with the substrate.
But they would need to be pretty small

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Best to put the plants in pots with soil that the tortoises cannot reach.