What should i be paying for a Herman's tortoise?

octopanda

Hello everyone on the forum :)
So i have been looking into getting a Hermann's Tortoise, and I have already Realized that i have to take measures to care for one, how long they live, hibernating, etc.... I have already researched the care, too.

I still have some questions though.
What should i be paying for a Eastern Hermann's tortoise?
I might just be used to the low cost of the fishes i take care of, but online the lowest price i could find is 140.00$

If i can't find a Hermann's tortoise in a store, then where is the best place to get one online?

Thanks,
-octo

octopanda

thank you for the help :).
I live in the midwest, and i live in a basement, with a huge dehumidifier.
Will it be okay for a hermann's to be in an environment like that? what is the specific humidity level recommended for hermann's?
Could not find any info on that.

octopanda

does this hermannihaven site have a place to buy torts? the only thing i could find there is info on hermann's torts.

spud's_mum

Location (City and/or State)
United Kingdom
does this hermannihaven site have a place to buy torts? the only thing i could find there is info on hermann's torts.
Why not see if there's anyone near you (or can ship to you) on here?
Then you know that they have been started the best way possible :)

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Very sorry - can't be ho help here.

A very warm welcome to the forum!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Chris (garden state tortoises) just won a Breeder of the Year award. Hes pretty much the go to guy around here for Hermanni

octopanda

well after looking around for a while, i found another species from garden state tortoises that i also really like. A marginated tortoise.
I am currently researching them, and i have to ask. Are these marginated tortoises "friendly" like what i hear about the hermann's tortoise?

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
hello and welcome from not so sunny scotland! i believe our hermanns cost arourd £200 (GBP) a yr ago.

personaly i would advice making sure of a 'good' buy rather than cheep buy. as suggested, chris is the top fellow to go to if poss.

we bought cheep from a pet store... bad move :(. cost sooo much more to remody care/housing. wish had reachered like you! best of luck and hope you find a little buddy soon :)