What size closed chambers can i get by with?

daniellenc

Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
I actually wouldn’t bother. The biggest one is 8x3 and takes 3-4 months to arrive. So by then would almost be too small.

NewTortEnthusiast

Bloomington, CA
I remember you mentioning that money isn't a problem. If your parents will allow it, I recommend you get AP cages. It will save you so much time, mess, and frustration from building them. They will not rot. They have a great resale value too when your tortoises are outside full time and no longer need them, sell them. I know members on here would probably buy them from you.
https://apcages.com
My husband and I couldn't purchase one, plus our Sulcata was already almost 6" when we got her so I knew she wouldn't need to be inside much longer. Just my thoughts.

I'm honestly getting frustrated with my parents. The money is there. I've shown AP cages as well as like 7 different ideas to them a few days ago. Rejected. Building something is my only option and I will have to wait months for no reason at all. Now I'm beginning to think I should never have bought Steve and George in the first place. I was a sucker for my neighbor's stupidly low price for them. Now I'm forced to watch them struggle to grow, and by the time I'm able to get something actually decent it will have been months and months from now, giving me less time for Steve and George to start growing again and for their pyramiding to improve. I'm so frustrated and I want to cry. I HAVE the money. Whether or not I bought Steve and George or maybe an already well started and smaller sulcata I would still need to build/buy/anything to get one a closed chamber(s). I believe my parents are doing this on purpose. I want Steve and George to begin their journey with me and gain better health and start down that long road to smoothing and rounding out their shells to how they are supposed to be; to the best they could be.

And that doesn't seem like its going to happen any time soon.

daniellenc

Maryland
With the tote you’ll be fine don’t get so down. Save some money and give your parents time. A few months in a tote is perfectly fine.

NewTortEnthusiast

Bloomington, CA
With the tote you’ll be fine don’t get so down. Save some money and give your parents time. A few months in a tote is perfectly fine.

I just want the best for Steve and George. And I have the money to do so, just my parents won't help. It angers me so much.

I'm giving them a soak right now, then they will be going outside for roughly 2 hours.

C. Nelson

Grand Junction, CO
Explain to them that boxes of that size will last YEARS, and until theyre big enough to go outside full time (8-11 inches). Instead of constantly building bigger and bigger enclosures, you can just build one :)
Thanks for that info. What size do Leopards need to be before they don't need closed chambers?