What to do it you see a CDT on Criags list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
La Mesa, CA.
I am not looking to buy a tortoise or anything else, but about once a week I go on C/L just to look. I just might find somthing I have got to have. Sometimes I even give advice they don't want LOL. Yesterday someone called her tort a tortoise then called it a turtle in her ad. So I asked what it was and what it came with. It was a good deal $200. for an aquarium, lights etc...and two CDT's. Should I mind my own buisness or tell her it is aginst the law to sell a CDT in CA?

qessnce

5 Year Member
La Jolla / Temple City
If I were in their position, I would just change my 'ad' to say $200 for the setup, which includes small adoption fee. voila. Don't think you'll get very far pursuing them for it. :)

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
Tell her ... some people don't know and the more that do know - the better! If they are snotty about it, you can report them to the local CTTC chapter or the Fish and Game.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Thanks I told her. She hasn't responded. I will check craigs list later to see if she changed it. That was what I thought, but I wanted to make sure it was the right thing. It is a good deal though I don't like her set up, it could easiely be tweeked.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
The fine is 10,000, and if I remember correctly you can't say 200 for the habitat and the CDT are free, people have tried that before such as the "care sheet" is 50 dollars and you get the CDT for free. I could be wrong about the last part but I am pretty sure that is how it goes, also they may not know it is illegal to sell CDT's and they may not even have a CDT, often we get people at the turtle and tortoise club saying they want to register their CDT and when they bring it down often it is not even a CDT.

abra

5 Year Member
Mass
TELL HER! She might not know and she could get in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.