What to put in my new enclosure

Elnewman622

Location (City and/or State)
OH, Usa
I just got a new enclosure for my tort it's one of those Christmas tree holders. Since I used to use the zoo med tot house there wasn't really any room to put much in for my tort all I really have are some stones her water thing and food dish but I don't really know what else to put in . I'm probably going to the pet store today to get some things. Any suggestions would be fantastic!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I like to use things that act like little fences, partially fencing across the middle so the tortoise can't see from one side to the other. These are called visual barriers. You can use anything for this...a row of plants, a few tall rocks, even a little fence made out of popsicle sticks. Then you can also put in real or fake plants, maybe a little statue, several hiding places. The sky's the limit. I also like to pile up the substrate over the hiding places so they look like little caves. Just be careful about putting things too close to the walls. Some tortoises are very handy at using their 'furniture' to climb out.